Saturday, July 5, 2008

Oh-Ky Nationals

This week I'm planning my trip to Louisville to attend the National Dairy Goat Show!! I will be there Sunday and Monday and ready to learn as much as I can soak up in 24 hours.

I'm sure I'll have a million questions when I get there, but there are several things I want to focus on at the show:
Breed standards and differences between the breeds
Physical aspects/makeup of a good dairy goat

There's a good mix of events on Sunday and Monday:
Sunday:
Toggenburg Junior Show
Recorded Grade Jr. Show
Monday:
Toggenburg Senior Show
Recorded Grade Senior Show
Oberhasli Milkout
Oberhasli Junior Show
Saanen Milkout
Saanen Junior Show

I'm hoping to learn a lot about these breeds. And this is a good mix of breeds to get familiar with. (From reading, I sometimes feel like Alpines and Nubians get all the dairy goat glory.)

Hopefully there will also be some good goat cheese to sample/purchase and lots of people to talk to and learn from. I'll have a full report next week along with some cheese recipes that I'm looking to try out!

No comments:

Post a Comment