Friday, November 21, 2008

The Cheese Biz

I got a job at Katzinger's Deli! I'll be manning (womaning?) the cheese counter Friday nights and Sundays. I've been instructed by Scott from Olde Oak Farm to taste as many cheeses as I can before I move to the farm in March. So this works perfectly. I'll get to talk about and taste and learn about over 100 cheeses--recommend wines and breads that go with them. Get people excited about cheese! Excellent. If you're in the Columbus area, stop in on Sundays 11a-7p or Fridays after work and we'll have some cheese.

Katzinger's Deli website

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Arlene. Just checked out the holiday menu from the deli. I think we'll hold the meat, but throw in a bit of all the sides and pumpkin pie for me, an apple pie for Scott and Pecan for Nate. Oh, by the way, you do deliver right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know we do! ...I wonder what the charge is for out of state deliveries?!!? They haven't taught me that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what cheeses are you recommending? How many have you tasted?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Where to begin. I no longer work at Katzinger's but right now my favorites are Spenwood (Washed rind goat cheese from England). One of my all time favorites is the Farmstead Serena. It's a hard cow milk cheese aged for about a year...Lot's of flavor...but I can't really describe the taste. It's always good. And my favorite blue cheese is the Bleu D'Avuerigne (not so sure on the spelling there!) But I think they are currently out of it.

    ReplyDelete