Monday, April 27, 2009

Getting Busy!

Wow! It's practically Tuesday and I haven't updated last week yet! Well first things first I guess. I'm sorry to say that Black and Tan did not make it through the week. Simon, our vet came on Monday last week and we decided to put her down. He said she more than likely was not going to recover. That same day we had 2 mommas give birth and gained 5 new baby goats. It was a hell of a roller coaster day.

I pretty much stayed out of the cheese plant last week. I was kept busy with all the new babies and chores. Also I had Wednesday and Thursday off!! (first days off in over a month!) Nate made a ton of cheese and the fridge was packed full by Friday. We had our last winter market Saturday in Orono as well as the Hope Fest at the University of Maine. We sold so much cheese! And the cheese was great! We were all so proud of our cheese and of the goats and the farm. It was awesome to see our customers' response and to meet new customers and tell them all about the cheese. It was also exhausting! Talking to so many people and staying so excited can easily ware you out.

This Saturday starts up the full time market season. We'll be in Orono and Brewer on Saturdays--every Saturday from now till they tell us to stop coming. We also have Orono market on Tuesdays I think. Then at some point a Bangor market starts up on Thursdays and if we feel like it, we can go to Brewer also on Friday. What a schedule! That's a lot of cheese and a lot of milk and a lot of energy.

Tomorrow (if I have time) I'd like to record a video blog update so keep checking back for that. In the mean time--watch out for the swine flu! But don't worry, eating pork from your local farmer is safe. I worry that the title of this flu bug is bad for our fellow farmers. Let's all eat pork this week! Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment