Wednesday, September 24, 2008

End of summer, bring on the Fall!

The Flying J Dinner on Saturday was just what everyone expected: Delicious, warm, fun and inspiring. Unfortunately, I'm on the road in Maine and don't have the means to upload my photos...those will be delayed until I get home on Oct. 2. But you can read and see photos of our Shake the Hand that Feeds You dinner here on Colleen's blog.

Today, Russ and I woke up in Stonington, ME. We got in last night to this small, coastal town located right on the southern tip of Deer Isle. It's all so picturesque. I can't wait to upload my photos. The combination of salty air, inviting cafes and little art galleries make me wish I could spend more time here in each little town. But I must stay focused! We will be traveling to Acadia National Park today. Then in a few days, back down to Camden, where Russ lived and worked last summer. Finally, Sunday I will spend the day at Appleton Creamery with Caitlin and Monday I'll drive back up to Orono to hang with Jen and Scott at the Olde Oak Farm.

Yesterday, Russ and I drove up from Brooklyn, NY through Portsmouth, NH, where we stopped to have lunch at the Friendly Toast, a recommendation from Jane, a fellow Slow Food member. I'm so glad she recommended it! I had rhubarb bread french toast and it was soooo good! Thanks for the rec. Jane!
More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment